Thursday, April 27, 2006

There's no time like right now...

I'm listening to Nirvana, you tell me how I feel...

Alright folks I gotta make this post otherwise I never will, and I gotta make it a short one. It just after 3AM and I have to get up in about 4 hours to go to court. I was at the Criminal Justice Clinic till almost 3AM finishing up paperwork...

I'll start where I left off, in Amsterdam. I has great times, lots of them. My friend Bobby (seen in the background of the picture below) came with for the first 5 days. In the first 10 hours of our first day we went to 7 different coffeshops. Need I say more...

While I was there I stayed with my cousin Merel in Den Haag. She was a gracious host and it was great to see her. After Bobby left I went down to Belgium to visit my Grandma for a few days. We had a really good time together and I had lots of good stories to tell about my adventures(see Top 10 Posts) over the past year and a half...

It was nice to see she is enjoying her new(1 1/2 years) apartment. Most of her furniture is from her old place which really makes it feel like home. She is getting on in years but still has that fighting spirit. While I was at Grandma's my Aunt Esther came to visit. It was so nice to be able to catch up with her...

I also got to have lunch with her the day after she came to visit. Every time I got together with her time seemed to fly by much too fast. That day we had lunch and went to see where she works. It is the cutest little clothing boutique and I think she really enjoys working there. It's good to see her working on finding her happiness...

Before I knew it my Spring Break in Netherlands was over. As soon as I got back to NY it was back into full swing in crunch time, the final 2 1/2 weeks before finals. Unfortunately the day after I got back I came down with a nasty cold. I spent almost a full week in bed drinking fluids. Hence the delay in updating my blog...

I slept 15 hours last night and finally felt human again today. That was good because today I spent 12 hours at the Criminal Justice Clinic finishing up paperwork for the semester. Lots and lots of paperwork, but its finally done. I still have 2 more court appearances on May 12th and 23rd to take care of. All the paperwork is done, I just need to fill in a few blanks. I've got lots of other stuff to take care of over the next few weeks...

I still have to figure out the logistics of getting back to Arizona after school lets out. I have to figure out if/where to store my jeep, my motorcycle, and all my belongings. I've got to figure out arrangements for Rob and Ashley's wedding in Hawaii this summer, and how to get to Dallas after that. Not to mention the fact I have 2 final exams and a 20 page paper to write before May 18th...

I have to do all this with my rapidly dwindling coffers. In brighter news I have a promising lead on a possible summer job in Tucson. In even better news I have been able to get back in touch with a girl from home that I have been pining after for a while now, but more on that later...

Well so much for a short post huh? I guess when you have the time there's not a lot to write about, but when you've got a lot to write about there's never enough time. I'm off to sleep since I now have to wake up in about 3 1/2 hours to go to court...

No comments: