Friday, July 15, 2005

Mother Nature does not disappoint...

Made it to the Royal Botanical Gardens yesterday and as expected it was absolutely beautiful. It is winter time down here so there were not nearly as many flowers in bloom as there could have been. Maybe I'll have to come back when the Rose Garden is in bloom. I had a great time wandering around, it was very relaxing.

Tomorrow I am taking Hidde, Derk, and Belinda out to dinner. It should be very nice especially because Hidde is an outstanding chef and probably knows some great restaurants. Of course the best part of any meal is always the company.

Monday is the last day of class and final exams are on Wednesday and Thursday. How convenient that my last final is on the same day Liz gets back from Darwin Australia. She and I will fly up to Gold Coast on the morning of the 24th (the day after her birthday) and come back the night of the 27th. That leaves me only 18 hours to say goodbye to Sydney.

I leave the next afternoon for California which will be my time traveling flight (departs 7/28 1:45 PM arrives 7/28 10:05 AM). Really it just allows me to stay in my 20's a little bit longer...


King of the Jungle...


Tree climbing is still fun...


The Tropical Kingdom in a Pyramid...


The bats here grow on trees...


Fire Tulips...


It may be winter here but some flowers are bursting with color...


One of those artsy pictures...


I took at least a dozen pictures to get this one good one...


Last but certainly not least is the picture of a bird who got me to take a picture of a sculpture I had no intention of photographing because there is no way a photo could make me feel the way this sculpture entitled Mother Earth made me feel...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

simply love your pics..........they tell a thousand words of course:)):)):))

Anonymous said...

Hey Big A...

Checked on a couple of Hogs...
3 days for $345 each...
So if we're gonna do this, I'll cover that, but you're gonna have to pay for my gas!!!
And if you bring Liz, I'm gonna ask Julie if she wants to come...
It'll be Saturday (8/13) AM thru Tuesday (8/16) AM...
Plan to pick up early Saturday and make road, and return to the Valley Monday night and return bikes Tuesday morning...
If that works for you, I'll pursue this further... just keep me posted...

Papa

Anonymous said...

This old bone is packing up, a return to the sea. With me rides my flesh, children I have three.
So much time this poolman spent, walking around the banks. The time has come to sit and rest on a beach who's line is strate. I leave two-night, bags are packed, a room has been reserved. The 11th hour begains my trip, as I and I drive a cross throu this desert land. In the dawn of a new days light, after the crazy 8. My son will see the sun, he will see the sea. To feel the mist, and hear the ocean roar.
Dragons live forever, not so for little boys. Yet you Syrmo have seen my dragon as it sits atop my digital screen. The dolls I call toys. Puffs alive and well, we have never been a part. Nothing can divide a circle and if they ever try. They end up with "pie" on the face.

As analog has no memory, I will never forget.

My name is "Jack" // I do work for "Perfection Pools" It's written on the shirt off my own back.
So on Monday the day of my birth where will the children play? On a beach in san deigo of course!!!
See you soon, As yes I WILL go with you down the river and drink. That is if you will still have me.

SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO JASON THE PHOENIX THUG.

LOVE YOU BROTHER-ENJOY SUNDAY--HAPPY -HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..SEE YOU SOON AS WELL.
PEACE ....AND I'M OUT!!!!!!!! 30's not forever. I'm 31

Anonymous said...

very aussie yung un, impressive hat

Anonymous said...

The Wings of Protection
Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings, from the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

WOW!!!


Two-Sun, AZ

Anonymous said...

It could be Holland!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love this photo Aaron. I am glad the bird made you take it.