Friday, July 08, 2005

I have nothing to complain about...

Well taking into consideration the events of the past few days I have reconsidered my complaints. Last night I spent about an hour on the phone with Liz and I am counting my blessings. Liz is from England and has lots of family and friends in London. Her brother and cousin both work in the area that was affected by the recent bombings. Thankfully her brother changed jobs a couple weeks ago and her cousin was late to work. There are still a couple of friends of hers she has been unable to contact. To top it all off she received news that one of her close family members is very ill. It has been made even more difficult for her because of the fact that she is in Alice Springs which is the middle of nowhere. I did my best to try to console her, but it is very difficult to do from hundreds of miles away. Selfishly I want her here with me, but more importantly she needs to do what is best for her piece of mind. I tried to assure her that being there would not change anything that was going to happen, but she astutely pointed out that even if she couldn't fix anything she might be able to make things a little less painful. This is where I hearken back to what I said last week "...I will always carry you with me in my heart, and it makes my journey a little more bearable to know that I am also carried in yours."

No matter how far I am from my loved ones you are always with me...

No comments: