Sunday, February 19, 2006

Dimo's birthday bash in The City...

Празднование дня рождения моего хорошего друга Dmitri

Whoever said women can't be intelligent and beautiful...(Tyng Tsuei, Dmitri Smidovich, Susan Lowe, Tara Dennis, and NAME OMITTED)

...never met the women of Hofstra Law School. (Elene Michaels, Kim Connick, NAME OMITTED again, Amy Scheiner, and Ann Marie Diaz)

The Birthday Boy is having a good time...
("Cali" Mike Castrillo, Dmitri Smidovich, and Will Kang)

Diddy in rare form...
(Brian "B-Diddy" O'Donnell, Cali Mike, Lene, Krissy, and Dave Jensen)

Makin' out in the corner...
(Dimo tries to carry on a conversation while Tara and Ann Marie wrestle behind him and Diddy makes out with Cali Mike in the corner)

Don't let the smooth taste fool you...
(Sue and the Guest of Honor)

Catchin' up with Jess...
(Funny enough she was there the very first time I went into The City)

Dmirti's 26th Birthday Party at 49 Grove St in NYC...

As you may have gathered by now I survived another night of partying in The City. This makes 3 out of the last 4 weekends that I have gone into The City for a friend's birthday. I once again parked at Mineola figuring I'd make it back before the parking meters go back into effect at 6AM. Boy was I wrong on that one...

I caught the 10:11PM LIRR train to Penn Station and hopped the "1" subway line downtown. I made it to the Christopher St/Sheridan Sq subway stop about 11PM and 49 Grove St was literally just around the corner. As I walked up to the club Dimo had just stepped outside to have a smoke, which made it really easy to get in...

I hadn't planned on drinking but birthdays only come once a year, and they had my drink of choice. So a couple handfuls of Patron shots and $100 bar tab later, that plan went out the window. Most of the people who showed up were from Hofstra Law(as the pictures will attest to)...

Law students work hard and party twice as hard. I think in part it's because most of us know we won't have time for it near future. It's good to be able to get out and cut loose, I even got out on the dance floor. Amused by my enthusiasm one sista in tight jeans decided to pop it like its hot. I haven't gotten a treat like that since Fifi back in my ASU days...

I decided early in the night that I was gonna be there to shut the party down. Around 4AM they started to move us along. Determined not to let the revelry end about half a dozen of us decided to head over to Cali Mike's place. In true NYC fashion we stopped at a deli around the corner from his place and picked up delectable grub...

We hung out at Mike's place till well after the sun came up, at which point I decided to head home. Getting home was a breeze thanks to the MTA. The nicest surprise was getting back to my Jeep to find no ticket despite being parked at an expired meter for over 3 1/2 hours. I'll slip in a picture of my Jeep below just for fun...

It is now Sunday and I am just starting to feel fully recovered from the night of debauchery that was Dmitri's birthday bash. Thank goodness it only comes once a year...

I had fun playing in what was left of the snow...

No comments: