Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oops I did it again...

The second time around isn't nearly as nerve wracking as the first was. Today we went down to the Nassau County Courthouse and did 18B work. 18B is basically the same thing we did in Queens except these were people who are voluntarily showing up to court, as opposed to people who need to go before a judge to get released from custody...

Just like at the Queens Courthouse 90% of the people who work in court were really nice to us. I think it's because they know we are students and they remember being in our shoes not so long ago...

I can't say it enough, but it has been a great learning experience and confidence builder. My partner and I picked up a Spanish speaking client charged with a Class A Misdemeanor. We are building up a case log and a client base, I guess the same way you would in a real practice...

If...

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

---Rudyard Kipling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BigA?!?

All hope is dashed when a son of mine loses the most important moment in 'IF' (one of my absolute favorites by the way) and doesn't even give me an elipse (that's the '...' to let me know it was done with intention! So, for you my son...

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Then yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

I'm glad you had a good day...

Love,

Dad