Sunday, February 12, 2006

Into The City in a blizzard...

the first part of this was written earlier in the night
I am getting ready to catch the 9:01PM train into the City from Mineola. I am going in to celebrate one of my friend's birthday. I don't really need an excuse to go into NYC, but it's always more fun with friends...

They are predicting a huge Noreaster rolling in tonight. We are supposed to get at least a foot tonight. I'm guessing that more than a few people will be deterred from going out tonight by the weather...

Maybe I'll think to take a few pictures tonight, or maybe I'll be having too much fun to think of it...

These folks don't know from cold...

(Writing this while watching Evil Dead III : Army of Darkness)
Well I made it back alive despite the blizzard. I gotta tell you though the East Coast thinks it knows a blizzard. You wanna see some real cold go visit Minnesota, up there they know what winter looks like...

I thought the snow might keep people away from the Jensen birthday bash, but all the right people showed up. Even thought there was only 6 inches of snow when I got back to Long Island the drive home from the train station was fairly treacherous and fun...

I had a great time tonight. We went to Porky's and while I was there I had a BBQ pork sandwich. It reminded me a lot of Waldo's up on Hayden & Thomas. The bar itself reminded me more of the Library on Mill, well at least the girls dancing on the bar did...

Sorry no pictures, but I forgot to bring my cell phone. I would have been late for the train if I had come back to get it. I might still get some pictures though because everyone else had digital cameras...

Birthday Wishes...

I want to send birthday wishes out to 2 of my favorite people in the whole world, funny enough they were both born on the same day. I am related to both of them, but I'd like to think I would be friends with them even if we weren't because I love them both...

Jason Syrmopoulos My Brother
and
Hidde van Erven Dorens My Cousin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bubba,

You forgot your "other Dad, RJ"...

Love,

Pop Syrmop