Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Say Goodbye to the Bad Guy…

Tomorrow morning I fly out of Sydney to California where I will spend my 30th birthday with my oldest friend Eli (I’ve known him since the day I was born). It will be the longest day of my life, follow my logic here: I leave at 2PM (14 hours into the day), have a 14 hour flight, and arrive at 10AM (14 hours left in the day). All of that means that the 28th of July will 42 hours long. In other words it will be the longest day of my life.

It will just be nice to chill in Santa Cruz and reflect on the past 30 years, and maybe make some plans for the next 30. I have enjoyed my time here in Australia and wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I have made some good friends and some great memories. My time here in Australia reminds me of a line Bugs Bunny used to use “It’s a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.”

One of the nicest parts about coming to Australia was getting to see my cousin Hidde. He is doing well and passed all of his classes this semester. It seems that no matter where I go in the world Hidde is there. How lucky am I to have such a worldly cousin?

My next post will be from the United States of America...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see you in town I will say "HELLO BEAUTIFUL"


TWO-SUN, AZ

Anonymous said...

happy birthday son, thirty years, it has gone by so fast. There has been a lot of living and loving and a lot more of living and loving to do..............so either get busy living and loving or get busy dying........wow, time flies......another precious moment, I love you more than words can tell..............there is no greater gift than life itself:)):))

Anonymous said...

Hi Son,

One last post and by the time you read this you'll be on terra firma once again!!!

I like that yer Mom is already celebrating yer big day tomorrow, today!!! I've always said, she's a great Mom... I know there were times you didn't believe me... but see... wasn't I right about this???
Anyway, I won't celebrate 'til yer back on solid ground, which is earlier today, tomorrow, when in fact you left the day after yesterday... Seems like just yesterday I was helping to catch you as you popped into this world... and I recall you being much smaller... Wow, you're all grown up... when did that happen??? Ah, well... another excuse for a party... at our house... and I won't even be there... you better save me a piece of cake... cause if you don't, forget about me renting you an HD FatBoy for your birthday... I'll keep the HD FatBoy for myself and get you a Moped to head into the mountains with... LOL!!!

Happy early B'Day... and where'da train go Aaron??? Oh yeah, and where'd all those years go Aaron???

Like you used to say to me when I asked that question and you were just a handful of years old, all those many years ago, "Down de line, Papa, down de line!!!

Love,

Papa

Anonymous said...

Hey, BTW, I'm tracking UAL Flight 870 on a graphic map from Sydney to SFO... I hope I'm watching the right flight... Oh well...