Monday, July 25, 2005

Good Times in the Gold Coast…

Well this is an update post, but it won’t be too long. Liz and I flew up here to the Gold Coast. It is a great little vacation spot. We are staying in a quaint little motel called Twin Towns Motel. The people here are very friendly. Yesterday I got to know a wonderful retired couple from next door who are on permanent vacation (lucky them).

Today Liz and I are going to drive to Byron Bay which I hear is absolutely beautiful. The best part is that I get to do all the driving. It’s nice to know that I have the ability to adapt and drive on the wrong (left) side of the road. It’s going to be much too soon that we have to leave, and much too soon after that when I have to head back stateside.

I am looking forward to being back on US soil. I miss the California coast, the Arizona desert, and the streets of NYC. I have one major thing I need to take care of once I get back and that is where I will stay when I first get back to NY. I get back 3 days before the dorms open up and Diddy is going to be out of town so I won’t be able to crash at his folks place.

Hopefully I can get in touch with Uncle Lou and Aunt Elektra or maybe Dmitri will have a place by then and let me crash on his couch for a couple days. Better yet if I can get in touch with Pat maybe I can hop on my bike on the 18th and go visit Yiayia and Papou up in NH. It would be nice since I didn’t get to see them before I left for Australia.

I’m sure everything will work out. Worst case scenario (or maybe best) I will hop on my bike and make my way up to Wisconsin. It would be nice if I could visit Captain Rubber Legs and my nephews. We will see. I’m sure everything will work out exactly the way it is supposed to…

No comments: