Wednesday, July 20, 2005

In my wildest dreams...

OK I had a weird dream last night. I remember driving into a parking lot in a pimped out Cadillac El Dorado. The parking lot was outside of a busy night club and I was there to rob someone. I went inside and made my way through the packed crowd and spotted my bag o' cash. I grabbed it with little to no trouble at all and made my way swiftly out the door. Once I got outside to my Caddy I was astonished to find that it had been blocked in by my brothers Rolls Royce. That's the point at which I woke up...

Speaking of funny blog stories I got a good one about my blog. As some of you may remember a couple of weeks ago I was complaining about not getting my breakfast in the morning. Well one of the things I said was that I would get my moneys worth one way or another. Then comes last night, I was at the front desk asking Sam for some clips to hold small stacks of paper together. She with her usual cheer obliges me with 4 clips and asks if that is how I plan to get my moneys worth. She had obviously read my blog and I instantly doubled over with laughter. I figure if I can't laugh at myself everyone else will...

This brings me to another point. If she hadn't read my blog she would not have known my angry comment. The lesson here is not that I need to be careful about what I put on my blog (see first paragraph), but that I need to work on the way I react to things that frustrate me. The fact that she only knew because she read my blog means that I have learned to control my outward reaction. Now I must continue to work on my inner reaction...

The very next day after that post I took a much more even keel approach to life. Like the great Kung Fu masters that I love to watch so much I must learn a greater degree of self discipline. Watching all these Kung Fu flicks inspires me to want to learn. Maybe its not too late...

Well I am off to study. One exam done, one to go tomorrow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since our brother is not going to be able to comment on this one himself... On his behalf I just have to say that he certainly would be appreciative for that Rolls Royce you hooked him up with, even if it was only in your wildest dreams!!
Love you much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali...

It's your Dad! Oh, and Aaron's Dad too!!
If your brother doesn't answer you this time... I'm just gonna have to tell him I think he's a big weenie!!! So hopefully he'll take the hint and answer and I won't have to tell him that he is a weenie!!! He's not except when he doesn't write back to his "baby" sister!!!
Hey, that is cool that Jay got the Rolls in Aaron's dream... I wonder what vehicle Aaron would put me in a dream??? Probably some kiddie tricycle or something!
Anyway, Big A, we missed you the last few days... here's hoping you used the time wisely preparing for your final exams...
And it's Wednesday the 20th here, so it must be the 21st there and Liz is back... I'm sure you'll be busy catching up on all of your and her Aussie adventures, so we may not hear from you for a bit...
Just know that we love you... and for goodness sake, write back to your sister!!!

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Back from the toast, dirty as ever.
The Ocean wants no tears for she is salty enough. I did give her some DNA from my own mouth, you could say I gave her my ALL. Yey some all-ways want more.
Why is it that sweat and tears due not FOOT THE BILL?? My first stop on the way was lake jennings, so much more life to view.Grass, birds,snakes, and many other beautful forms of life. I circled its banks before going to the sea. The pictures I will show you.
I am not new at this, been around forever. AWOKE in 1995.
Awake far to long. 10 down how manny more to go? Sick and tired, am I. Time to face things "head on", little time left to run. No time left to hide.
Football season is coming up soon, hope my favorate team wins. And that the refs dont blow. Can I get a wittness? They and the refs both suck.
Good lawyers open her eye, so none are blind. Be a grate one. And Good.

Two-Sun, AZ
Everywhare from A-Z.....So simple it's like all damm day. It comes then gos... Hows stu doing?? What about his teeth? And "The Dream"??
Well both are fine cars. Who is driving? Who is the passanger?

Anonymous said...

Hey Big A...

You're probably busy right now, but your brother right now, but he asked me if I'd thank you for putting him in a Rolls Royce in your dream... it made him feel really good!!! Anything you want me to pass on to him???

Love,
Dad