Monday, July 25, 2005

Beautiful Byron Bay…


The vantage point at the end of the beach


A view of the beach


The view across the bay


A southern view

This post is really nothing more than what I saw in Byron Bay. It is just as beautiful as everyone had described. It isn’t really a city just kind of a conglomeration of shops set up for the tourists who can’t stay away from such a beautiful place. Apparently the day before we went to Byron Bay there was an alternative music festival there. When we got to the beach we were knee deep in hippies, it made me feel like I was in Northern California.

The beach itself is really the main attraction. Clean fine white sands for as far as the eye can see. The sand between my toes felt so good. Walking along the waterline reminded me of my time in LA back in 2000. That’s when I used to keep my appointment with the sunset faithfully.

We didn’t stay long enough to catch the sunset but we did walk the entire length of the beach. It took about 45 minutes each way. At the end of the beach there was a lookout that afforded anyone willing to walk up there a magnificent view of the ocean and the beach. That is where most of my pictures were taken because it was such a good vantage point.

I would have loved to stay longer, but that was the beginning of the end…

No comments: