Thursday, July 14, 2005

The New South Wales "Art" Museum...

Well last night I went to the art museum and the best thing about it was that it was free. There was some very nice works there. I particularly enjoyed the Asian Art Gallery. There were however some things I found rather disappointing.

The worst of it was the modern art part of the museum. There were two totally separate paintings that were nothing more than canvas painted black. They reminded me very much of one of my dad's favorite pieces of art "Polar bear blinking while eating a marshmallow in a snow storm" in other words a white piece of paper.

This afternoon I am heading over to the botanical gardens. I am sure mother nature will not disappoint me the way that the art gallery did...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the 'art' of Art, to sell it????

Anonymous said...

Can you hear "The Writing on the Wall" and choose to listen??
"And I've walked these streets in the mad house of sights to see. The venders and the dealers they crowded around me". Art from Natalie Merchant - The Song "Carnival"...

I am I also am simple, To be AMAN who has never passed the "12th" grade. Nor do I hold papers that prove to the world the wealth of my mind. I am A fool. Yet TRUTH I do Know. Your father speeks the TRUTH for his words vibrate apon the eye.
As for mother, even her ulgy garden is more beautfull then the grandest of citys.

To answer an older question posted in this blog, I shall leave you with this.. The "REAL" power of 3.
What is more precious then gold?
Truth, Blood, and Water....Think about it!!!!

Anonymous said...

3:58 PM
Two-Sun, AZ

Anonymous said...

Hey... Big A...
Waddya call aguy with no arms and no legs hanging on yer wall???

Art...

Okay, okay, okay...

Waddya call a guy with no arms and mo legs in yer hot tub???



Stu


Okay, okay, okay...


Waddya call a guy with no arms and no legs rolling around in the autumn leaves piled up in yer back yard???



Russell!!!



And why is Helen Keller so famous and well known Aaron???


I love you!!!


Dad



PS: Where'd the train go Aaron???

Anonymous said...

In the land of the blind
the man with one eye
is king.

Light the path. All will see.

Two-Son, AZ