Friday, February 23, 2007

Ghosts of Abu Ghraib on HBO

I don't have a lot to say I just wanted to encourage people to watch an HBO documentary Ghosts of Abu Ghraib. I caught a few seconds of it earlier this evening but it was on mute while I was otherwise occupied. I didn't really see enough to catch what they were saying. Well HBO being what it is replayed the show 3 hours later when I was actually watching...

I spent the first 20 minutes saying to myself "These pansy-assed-bleeding-heart liberals don't understand that war is ugly. Like Jack Nicholson said in A Few Good Men "YOU WANT THE TRUTH??? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"...

I spent the next hour questioning my stance on the issue. Just because something is done in the name of freedom and justice does't make it right. We must all take responsibility for our actions. All I can do is live the life of a just man and encourage other to do the same by example...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat Stevens--Moonstone

Well, first I have to tell you that I'm not insane
And that once I was a famous archaeologist

Well, I walked and walked and never talked
For many days,
And without a friend a desert is a lonely place.
I was just about to turn around and make way home
When something told me that I had to see it again.

And then I stopped, looked, and then I was hooked.
I saw a flash, then a sparkle from a moonstone,
Then the mist started, started to clear.
I saw a face, a face in the moonstone,
And then it started to disappear.

A vu ray, a vu ray.
A vu ray.

TwoSun_AZ

Anonymous said...

First off, I don't care if he WAS a famous archeologist, Anonymous is a little bit crazy.

Second, I'm glad you're starting to change your views on the war.

Third, you can't know how disturbing the Milgram experiment was until you see it. I don't know if the program included any clips, but I watched part of the Milgram experiment in Psych 101. To watch those people continue to press the shok button after hearing blood curdling screams is erie, but watching them continue when they ask a question, are met with silence, and still push the button because no answer is a wrong answer. Even though they thought the person on the other side had passed out from the pain of the electric shocks. All that from following orders from a non-threatening, doctor, authority figure. Crazy!!

Anonymous said...

45 Volts.
Got Code?
I got So-old.
Born in 1974, July
Y -- Why -- B -- Cause
Funk
My finger is "NOT" on the button.
World.
Galivenize.

Anonymous said...

A vu ray
Sounds like
Abu Ghraib
At least in the song.
Just a little.
Not CRAZy
Simple liveing in "A" sane world.
Insane.
In a sane world.
WILD

TwoSun_Az