Sunday, September 10, 2006

Goin' Back to Cali & Deep in the Heart of Texas...

After flying back from Maui I turned around and flew out to Santa Cruz CA two hours later. It is the 3rd year in a row that I have been fortunate enough to spend my birthday with my good friend Eli. It was once again a most rejuvenating experience...

The weather was great and Eli had just returned from a 3 week sailing trip(from Hawaii no less). I spent 5 days there and would have stayed forever if life's responsibilities didn't call. The night of July 29th Eli had a "Land Ho" party but I pretended it was my birthday party...

One of the things I did to pass the time while I was there was refine my coffee making skills. Eli's roommate Jeff has an espresso maker, coffee grinder, and bean roaster. So we started with green coffee beans, we roasted them, ground them, and extracted the espresso...

Sadly my time in Santa Cruz once again came to an end. But that meant it was time to head to Dallas TX for a Phi Alpha Delta convention. I hoped to meet up with Rob's cousin Brad while I was there but never got a chance to see him...

I had a great time while I was there even though I never went more than 1/4mile from the hotel. The entire time I was there I never got more than 3 hours sleep in any given night. This debauchery went on for 5 days but seemed to last forever...

I really enjoyed some of the people I met while I was there. Hopefully I will stay in touch with at least a few of them. Unfortunately my experience was marred by the realization that, as is often the case, the institution had corrupted the ideals of organization. Fortunately I mostly remember the fun that I had while I was there...This was the best damn cup of coffee I have ever had...

Eli and I have been hangin' out for 31+ years now...

Candygram... Pizza Guy... Mailman... Landshark!!!

Santa Cruz looks almost the same as it did 14 month ago...

My attempt at putting together one of my panoramic shots...

Heather, Usman, Rob and Me in the Convention Hall...

District XXIX at the 56th Biennial PAD Convention...

On the next episode of Blog of the Rising Syrmo AZ for a Minute and Heading Back East...

No comments: