Thursday, June 09, 2005

This will be my last stateside blog till August...

24 hours till blast off. My flight will be 14 1/2 hours long and I will arive at 6AM. My laptop has about 8 hours of battery life so I can watch a few movies and try to sleep a little. My first night there I am going to stay with my cousin Hidde. My cousin and his friends apparently have a party planned for the night I arrive, not in my honor but they say in life timing is everything. For the week after that I will be staying at Glenferrie Lodge www.glenferrielodge.com then I think I will end up at Bondi Beach House www.yha.com.au/hostels/details.cfm?HostelID=193 once classes start.

Tonight I went out to dinner at the Golden Buddah and had pot and shrooms. Potstickers and Gang of Mushrooms to be exact, and yes it really was a gang of mushrooms. I had the pleasure of enjoying the company of my oldest friend Eli and his girlfriend Nia. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding, but the best part was the company. I tried eggplant for the first time in years. It does my heart good to see my friend doing so well...

My next post will be from down under...

I have now figured out how to post pictures and will try to do so with regularity...

This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do...

This is the view from my buddy Eli's place in Santa Cruz, CA what a wonderful place to stop on my way overseas. I love being here with you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good bloody start, lad. Hope you are still enjoying the legaleze. I'm trying to make it into Dartmouth School of Business. If I make it, I will have to drop by and visit you in your final year of Law (or vice versa of course). Good luck down under. Keep blogging so maybe we can argue some ;) I miss you, you crazy bastard!

Anonymous said...

Alrighty then young one, off to your adventure. I have figured out how to leave you a comment, so here it is. As yo momma I am mighty pleased for ya that y'er enjoyin' life and exploring the world. Remember always: travel is good for the soul and the mind, I miss you..........yo momma

Anonymous said...

Well, young Master Syrmopoulos soon to be Esquire... Vaya con Dios and always, Trust the Force! It will deliver you to your destination... and remember to walk in the 'way of the warrior'... There is no fear in falling between the cracks or flying under the radar... it can be a blessing in disguise...
I love you!
Old Master Syrmopoulos