Sunday, June 12, 2005

Before I Hit the Street

I'll be back later with pictures

Before I hit the streets I should catch all of you up on Sydney so far. I got in early Sat morning and had no trouble getting picked up by my cousin. I even had time to pick up a mobile phone (see below). Shortly after I arrived we went to where my cousin and his roommate Derk played in a club field hockey game. What a blast there were grown men playing against teen girls. It may have been the most disorganized team sport I have ever seen. At one point there was a guy wandering around the field handing out glasses of wine to the players. He was out there again later with a plate of chicken wings, half of the players on the field gathered around while the rest continued to play around them. We spent the afternoon hanging out and cleaning the house getting ready for a party. I got to meet a bunch of Hidde's friends here (lots of dutch). The party was a good time I practiced my social skill by asking lots of questions and pretending to be intersted, apparently that makes a good impression. We partied till about 2 AM and then went out to a few bars (Sydney is 24hrs). We went with a couple girls from the party, a couple of Kiwi (New Zealand) sisters. Damn those Kiwi girls are tough. At around 4 AM I went home with Derk and his girlfriend while Hidde remained at the bar. When I got up around 11 AM Hidde was just getting home and had a few interesting stories to tell about a gay bar. That afternoon Derk brought me to my hotel where I am now...

No comments: