Thursday, June 30, 2005

Mixed blessings...

It has been a day of ups and downs. It has been raining all day. I am unable to connect to the wireless network here at Sydney Law. This means my antivirus protection is out of date (a Norton pop-up reminds me every hour). I am not sure if it is my computer or their network. Other people have been able to connect but not me, maybe I will stop by Hidde's place to see if I can connect to his wireless network. If that doesn't work Dell will have to fly someone over here and fix my computer (hey I paid good money for that coverage). The whole thing has me a little frustrated and of course since Sydney University is on it's "winterbreak" there is nobody from IT to assist me. It makes me want to figure out a way to blow up the law school and destroy my laptop in the process (just kidding, oh wait here comes the CIA I think they want to deport me).

Last night I went to my first opera. We (Me, Grant, Emily, and Squire) went and saw Nabucco at the Sydney Opera House. What a great experience, my mom would have loved it. They need to fix the AC though cause I couldn't stop sweating (it didn't help that this cold is hanging on). The acoustics were outstanding even in the back row. I was amazed at how small it was on the inside given how big it is on the outside. It was absolutely the most expensive show I have ever been to. Lolapalooza 1995 was cheaper and more entertaining (just ask Jason). I still had a wonderful time because I love to dress up and do cultural stuff like that. Even if I never go to another opera in my life I will have been to at least one good opera. Before that the only opera I had ever seen was with Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd.

Tomorrow I jump from 14000 feet. I am going on my first skydive. Hopefully the first of many to come. I will let you know how it goes. Today I got some news that I have been waiting almost 3 years for, I have been invited to join the DFFL. It is a fantasy football league that Captain Rubber Legs has been in for several years. They take it seriously and everyone pays up. I think the buy in is $100+ and 12 people so there is considerable prize money. After all the crap that has been frustrating me today that is exactly what I needed to brighten up my day...

Good times...

No comments: