Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Through the worst of it...

OK folks I am now officially on the mend. The past 2 days I have come home after class and crawled into bed. Juice and Kung Fu movies have been the order of the day. Diddy kept telling me that Aussie girls are impressed by a guy who can download a lot of Kung Fu movies, but so far I have been finding other stuff seems to work better. However for a sickboy like me Kung Fu and fluids are just what the doctor ordered (right mom). It helps not being the only one in the group that is sick. People have been very sympathetic and understanding. I still haven't missed class, I am saving that for when I feel great and the weather is nice. It has been raining the past couple of days and today when I came back to my room I opened the curtains and saw a full rainbow (gorgeous). I may post the picture if the wireless ever comes back on at Sydney Law Library.

If all goes as planned and I still feel good tomorrow I have a trip planned to see an opera at the Sydney Opera House. I will let you know how it goes. I am starting to make plans for my last week in Australia. Tonight an English girl asked me if I wanted to join her for a trip up to Cairns to go Scuba diving. It sounds like a good time and she's cute. So before the end of the trip I may have learned how to Scuba and go skydiving. I am definitely up for some adventures. Besides if skydiving is half as exciting as bungee jumping I will love it. I am enjoying the company I keep immensely. I have met some good people and some interesting people. I have been trying to take my dad's advice and stop pretending to be interested. I guess it shows...

I recently shared a poem with someone very dear to my heart. Many of you may already be familiar with this poem but here it is anyways...

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I Carried You."

...for those of you who know me well you know I am an Agnostic. I have struggled my entire life with faith and trying to better understand life and it's meaning. This is not meant to be a religious revelation, but it does touch me deeply. I cannot carry you through life's hardest times, nor do I expect to be carried through mine. However I will always carry you with me in my heart, and it makes my journey a little more bearable to know that I am also carried in yours.

I love you and I am always with you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Big A...

So great to hear your voice last night... I do miss you so!!! But know that I carry you in my heart, always...

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Thank u....

Anonymous said...

very profound and a great story................one is never alone in life.................that would only be a perception clouded by the darkest of hours feelings.

Remember this though: we are born alone and we die alone and therefor if one can be comfortable with being along the whole dying process may not be so terrifyinh after all. Every day each one dies a little, one never knows, therefor love all you can, laugh all you can, cry tears when you can and live life to the fullest (and some would add make sure you have that LIFE insurance)