Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Idol chatter...

I don't have a lot worth talking about right now, so I'll prattle on for a minute about American Idol just to keep the diatribe going. My first introduction to American Idol was during the first season. I used to watch it over at Wendy, April, and Pam's place. I watched more for the car accident factor than anything else...

I have always claimed to be a people watcher. Some of the most interesting people to watch are not the talented or beautiful people. People with talent like dancers, musician, and singers are a pleasure to enjoy, but not as fascinating. Therefore I have always found the first rounds of American Idol to be the best...

For those of you not familiar with the show, I will explain briefly. 3 judges go around the country holding singing auditions. They then invite about 4 dozen of the best to Hollywood and send half of them home the following week. The remaining 24 are voted off in 1s and 2s every week by telephone voting open to the public...

This week will be the last week that I really watch until the end. Once they get down to the last dozen they all have a fair amount of talent but aren't good enough to blow me away and aren't bad enough to have car wreck value...

Still trying to pull things together for a Spring Break in Amsterdam...

Hofstra basketball lost to UNC Willmington in the CAA championship game tonight. This means our current record is 24-6 and we have an RPI ranking of 25. Given all of this we will have to wait till this weekend to see if it earns us an at large bid to the big dance...

Spring Fling is later this week...

No comments: