Friday, March 17, 2006

The Madness Has Begun...

watching Bradley upset Kansas in one of the last games of the day
That's right ladies and gents it's the most wonderful time of the year. It is time once again for the NCAA basketball tournament. For my money it is one of the greatest sporting events in the world. Perhaps only eclipsed by the World Cup...

64 teams get in to the tournament and 63 of them will end their season with a loss. There will be 48 games played this first weekend (Th-Sun) and only 16 teams will be left. It is one on the most fierce competitions you could ever witness. These kids leave everything on the floor...

For most of them this will be the last game of significance they ever play. There are only 2 rounds of the NBA draft and only 30 teams. When you consider international players, underclassmen, and teams that didn't make the tournament there are really only a few dozen places the graduating seniors can go...

You've never seen anyone try so hard for anything in their life. It can be inspirational and it's exciting as hell to watch. I've seen some incredible comebacks and buzzer-beaters over the years. I'm sure there will be many more to see, that's why I watch...

I've been looking back over my blog and I haven't had anything really good to say for almost a month. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression, I am doing great. Sometime I feel a little overwhelmed, but that's part of taking on a challenge...

I recently told a college student who is starting law school next year that there are 3 things to learn while going through law school. Number 1 is how to take an essay exam, I'm OK at it. Number 2 is how to pass the Bar Exam, which is what I'll learn at Bar-Bri after graduation. Number 3 is how to be a lawyer, which I really feel like I am learning this semester at the Criminal Justice Clinic...

It's a lot to do, and it's a lot of hard work. I am enjoying the whole experience and I really feel like I am learning. One of the most important things I am learning and will probably keep learning till the day I die is how to read people...

In an effort to lighten the content of my blog a little I'm including some pictures I found on The Smoking Gun. Even though I don't do this stuff like I used to, it still cracks me up. The biggest problem is that after the first one the rest would just be a vicious cycle...

3 Rastateers, Twixed, Munchy Way, Rasta Reese's, Keef Kat, Puff-A-Mint Pattie, Double Puff Oeo, Buddahfinger, and Tri-Chrome Crunch

Pot Tarts (talk about wake and bake)

Puffsi and Toka-Cola

Joint and Bongs

1 comment:

RC said...

interesting little post lighten-uppers.

How about that George-Mason thing...never even heard of the school before...poor UConn.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com