Thursday, March 09, 2006

What the hell is going on here...

OK this is going to be a short post because I am sitting in class. My teacher is telling great stories about real cases that prove truth is stranger than fiction...

I've been having a rough couple of days. Yesterday I was feeling depressed for no discernible reason. I am grateful that my Criminal Justice Clinic supervisor took some time out of her bust day to talk with me. Like I said as leaving her office, this too will pass...

Today I woke up feeling better, but it's been all downhill since then. I had to go to Queens to represent a client whom I had never met in person. His fiance was also supposed to meet me and my partner there...

Not everything went according to plan. My client showed up 1 1/2 hours late, but at least he showed up to the right court. His fiance on the other hand showed up to the wrong court. Which left me standing in front of the judge when our case was called trying to explain why I couldn't produce my client...

When he finally did show up I didn't have time to talk to him because our case got called again less than 2 minutes after he finally walked in. Then when I had to get the case recalled again and I spoke to the court clerk I was told my case would not be recalled. 2 minutes later I asked my female partner to repeat my request for a second call to the clerk. We were in front of the judge again 10 minutes later...

It just hasn't my day. Well maybe it is my day and things aren't going as smoothly as I would like. I guess I'd rather feel irritated like I do today than depressed like I did yesterday...

Spring Fling is tonight. It should be a nice time. Hopefully I will be able to get some R&R this weekend...

No comments: