Saturday, January 21, 2006

Good Times...

The drive from AZ to NY was a fun one. Only got 1 ticket and that was in Colorado City, TX doing 88 in a 70. That was a long haul day, I started out in TX drove all day and was still in TX when I went to sleep that night. The south was something I'm glad I got to see so I never have to go back again. Birmingham, AL was one of the poorest places I have ever seen.

But I had a great time in North Cacalaca. I visited with Emily and Grant whom I originally met in Sydney this past summer. They have 4 wiener-dogs, which are cute but have way too much energy. The road from NC to NYC was the most treacherous part of the drive, with 40-50 mph crosswinds the Jeep acted like a sail. My hands have never been sore after a drive, but they were when I got home.

It's good to be back in school. Most of you have heard my semester will center around the Criminal Justice Clinic that I am in. Essentially I will be working as a public defender for people who can't afford a lawyer.

For those who care my class schedule for this semester is:
Moday 2-3 Con Law
Tues 2-4 COntracts & Torts
Wed 2-4 Con Law
Thurs 12-2 Crim Pro
Thurs 2-4 Crim Justice Clinic

...as you can see no early classes and no class on Fridays. Now keep in mind that while I only have 10 classroom hours I expect to spend 25-35 hours outside of class doing clinic work. The clinic will be like running a law practice except without pay and with fewer clients.

This is a good time in my life...

I forgot to brag...

I forgot to brag about winning my fantasy football league. I went 14-2 and won the championship. I'm using my winnings to pay for a ticket to Hawaii...

Thanks Rob, aka Robot, aka Captain Rubber Legs


Been wanting to post this one for a while. This is the Verazano Bridge, it's the last bridge to cross in order to get to Long Island NY. As with most of my pictures from now on this was taken with my cell phone...


This is maybe the greatest BBQ joint ever in Midlands, TX KD's BBQ. Y'all should stop in and try it sometime...

No comments: